COMMUNITIES OF PRACTICE
The community of practice is a space for co-creation where multiple actors exchange lessons learned, acquire knowledge and strengthen the capacity to communicate data for decision making in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Community of Practice on Data-Driven Communications in Latin America and the Caribbean
The CoP, led by Cepei and PARIS21, convenes national statistical offices in the region and actors outside the statistical system to exchange knowledge and strengthen data communications capacity for decision-making.
Our mission is to provide strategies, tools, and a peer- learning space to strengthen the communications capacities of NSOs committed to bringing data and statistics closer to decision-makers.
We have identified that communications experts in NSOs do not have their own space for peer exchange in the region to share success stories, challenges, tools, processes, and strategic approaches related to communicating with users of official statistical products and services. The CoP also provides opportunities to connect with stakeholders outside the statistical system in Latin America and the Caribbean.
What we’ll deliver in 2023
- Benchmarking of communications capacity of NSOs in LAC and beyond.
- Interactive comms talks to exchange with peers in the regional communications and statistics communities and beyond.
- Virtual chat to share news from NSOs in the region in real time.
- A whitepaper on best practices of data communications.
- Co-create a work plan to respond to NSOs’ needs.