Redim, a coalition of 75 Mexican civil society organizations, defending children’s rights, and Cepei will carry out joint activities to promote the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) on issues such as poverty eradication, child protection, gender equality, human rights and environmental protection in the Latin American and Caribbean region, especially in Mexico and Colombia.
REDIM and Cepei signed an agreement for inter-institutional cooperation to establish a mutual collaboration that allows to carry out joint activities related to the objectives and functions of both organizations.
The lines of work established by the agreement are:
- Information exchange, microdata, indicators, working documents, articles, analysis and studies on topics framed in the commitments that Colombia and Mexico have made in pursuit of the implementation of the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs.
- Articulation of key actors around the generation of inputs for decision-making, problem analysis, production, use and interpretation of data for sustainable development.
- Generation of SDG related topics data stories, which will be published in the Publish section of the www.datarepublica.org website.
- Identification of new data sources to complement the SDGs data ecosystem available in the Conect section of Data República.
- Create a regional community of practice that promotes knowledge dissemination o and scientific evidence generation that supports the implementation of the different global commitments related to the 2030 Agenda.
- Support a regional capacity-building program, aimed at developing skills in data visualization, in the framework of the agreement between Cepei and Tableau Foundation.
We are pleased to kick off this partnership with REDIM and we hope to jointly contribute to the fulfillment of the sustainable development agenda!